Sunday, February 20, 2005

St. Olaf is also a Liberal Arts College

Well Conference came and went and what do you know we lost it. Total bumout if you ask me. But even though we didn't win conference that doesn't mean we can't celebrate and lord knows that today's existence has been a painful one. I have found myself more likely to take a pen and jam it into my jugular than to use said pen and to formulate greek sentences with impecable grammar and style.

You know whats funny. I have a goal sheet on my backboard of my desk and in looking at it, I realized that I acheived a collective zero of those goals. I'm sure there's something to be said for the setting of ambitious goals but when I look to the goal sheet to the left of the "Impossible Dreams" sheet and see that I beat my underwhelming goal of 57 in my 100 fly I feel damn good about kicking the shit out of that goal. So I propose to myself this: set daily easy ass goals like "be mean to stupid people" or "dont wash hands after peeing" because I already fullfill these goals on a regular basis. Maybe after I achieve these goals I'll move on to harder tasks such as "think about washing hands after peeing." My high school girls' swim team had sweatshirts that said something asinine like "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!" How gay is that shit?

-Joe "Joe Anderson" Anderson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home